Happy July everybody, and welcome to another monthly blog post series of "Healthy Eats"! Although I've shown this recipe on my Instastories quite a bit, I never had the chance to share with you guys the BOMB recipe that goes behind my Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins obsession. Well, today is your lucky day because I have partnered up with MilkAndEggs, an amazing grocery delivery service in the OC/LA area, once again to share this easy-to-make and delicious recipe with y'all! I always purchase my groceries from MilkAndEggs because not only do they offer a variety of fresh and quality ingredients, but they delivery your order right to your doorstep so you don't ever have to leave the house! Now that's what I'm talking about ;)
And do you know the best part about making Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins? You can easily pack or eat them on-the-go as a quick breakfast option, or you can snack on them throughout the day at home! Easy peasy, banana squeezy (I used the word banana because lemons are not included in this recipe, LOL). So without further ado, let's find out how to make these muffins!
- 3 ripe bananas (the riper, the sweeter the muffins will be!)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray & place in muffin tin.
3. In large bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
4. Whisk in egg & brown sugar.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and mix well.
7. Add chocolate chips and stir.
8. Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
Link to the original recipe is here. I've altered the traditional recipe a bit to a slightly healthier alternative.
Use "MISSMICHELLE" for $20 off your online MilkAndEggs purchase of $40 or more.
That's 50% off of your next groceries spree!
I know that a couple of you mentioned that you would make this recipe after I shared it on the blog. Be sure to tag me on Instagram and Instastories (@missmisschelle) if you do so, as I'd love to see how your muffins turned out! :)
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by MilkAndEggs; however, all opinions remain my own.